Looking to invest in an annuity? An annuity is insurance that is part of a wise retirement plan, providing a steady stream of income for the policyholder. An annuity can be a great tool for many people in various stages of retirement, provided it has been thoroughly researched ahead of time. Curious about the various types of annuities available? We’ve got some helpful information about fixed annuities and why they may be right for your retirement plan.
What is a fixed annuity?
A fixed annuity is an investment which provides a safeguard against outliving your money or nest egg. Fixed annuities give the policyholder a fixed amount of income which is paid at regular intervals. A fixed annuity works to stabilize income received from investments. Most often, fixed annuities are purchased by those who have retired, are about to retire, or are not fully participating in the workforce.
What are the advantages of investing in a fixed annuity?
- Provides protection against outliving your money
- Guaranteed rates of interest
- Interest paid escapes taxation
- Low investment minimums – usually $1,000 to $10,000
- Reliable, steady source of income that can be locked in for a specified period of taime
What are the disadvantages of investing in a fixed annuity?
- No protection against inflation during payments
- If money is withdrawn from the annuity early, there may be hefty surrender charges
At Insurance Hub, our knowledgeable agents and advisors are ready and waiting to assist with all your insurance needs. Furthermore, Insurance Hub is dedicated and committed to always putting the client first. Whether you’re looking for a fixed annuity or any other type of insurance plan, Insurance Hub has just what you’re looking for. For more information regarding fixed annuities as well as other insurance coverage, visit Insurance Hub’s website today at www.insurancehubusa.com.