If you’re shopping for an affordable health insurance plan, you’ve likely heard the term HMO. But do you really understand what it means? At Insurance Hub, we believe everyone should be informed regarding the ins and outs of health insurance coverage. That’s why we’re committed to providing our clients with the most accurate and up-to-date insurance information available. We’re shedding a bit of light on a health insurance term that’s all too often misunderstood: HMO. So, just what exactly is an HMO? Take a look at some important facts.
- HMO is an abbreviation which stands for Health Maintenance Organization.
- HMO health insurance plans offer coverage within a network of doctors and hospitals who contract with the HMO.
- HMO health insurance plans generally require policyholders to live or work within a certain service area in order to be eligible for coverage.
- HMO health insurance plans provide integrated care with a focus on preventative and wellness services such as checkups and immunizations. coverage.
- HMO health insurance plans require policyholders to choose an established primary care physician (PCP).
- HMO health insurance plans require a referral from a primary care physician before a specialist may be seen.
- HMO health insurance plans enable policyholders to pay lower out-of-pocket premiums as well as minimal or no deductibles and co-payments.
- HMO health insurance plans generally do not require policyholders to submit any claims to the insurance company.
At Insurance Hub, our hand-picked team of talented agents and knowledgeable advisors are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs and to answer any questions you might have. At Insurance Hub, we are dedicated and committed to always putting our clients first. Whether you’re looking for Health Maintenance Organization plans or any other type of health insurance, Insurance Hub has just what you’re looking for. For more information regarding HMO plans and other insurance coverage, visit Insurance Hub’s website at www.insurancehubusa.com.