Supplemental Plan M
Medicare Supplement Plan M is more or less in the middle in terms of the portions of Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) out-of-pocket costs that Medigap plans cover.
With a Medigap Plan M policy, the following costs and benefits are covered:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance and hospital costs up to a year after Original Medicare benefits are used up
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B copayments and coinsurance
- First three pints of blood for a medical procedure
- Skilled Nursing Facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
- Foreign travel emergency coverage (80% of approved costs up to plan limits)
One Original Medicare
expense that Medigap Plan M doesn’t cover is the Medicare Part B deductible. Medigap Plan M also doesn’t cover Part B excess charges. Excess charges are an amount that a doctor or physician can charge (up to 15%) more than the Medicare-approved amount for a visit or service.