Have you thought about disability insurance lately? If you haven’t, perhaps you should. For any individual employed or planning to become employed, obtaining the protection of disability insurance should be a priority. Disability insurance is coverage that provides benefits when a policyholder is injured or becomes otherwise unable to work due to an off-the-job injury. Disability insurance is intended to replace a certain percentage of income on a tax-free basis. One of the most sought after disability insurance coverage, short-term disability (STD), delivers benefits for temporary disability due to sickness or injury. With short-term disability insurance, you can focus more on recuperating and getting back to work – and less on your medical expenses.
Did you know?
- Over 37 million Americans, or roughly 12 percent of the total population, are classified as disabled
- More than 50 percent of disabled Americans are in their prime working years: 18-64
Over 1 in 4 of 20-year-olds will become disabled for some period of time before retirement
- In 2012, over 2.5 million disabled workers in their 20s, 30s, and 40s collected disability insurance benefits
- A 35-year-old in the United States has a 50 percent chance of becoming disabled for at least a 90-day period before age 65
With short-term disability insurance, policyholders can:
- Receive monthly benefits for a period of up to 26 weeks
- Receive benefits provided in $100 increments from a weekly sum of $400 up to $2,500 or 60 percent of income earnings, whichever amount is less
- Choose from 3, 6, 12, and 24 month payment periods at a 1-year guaranteed rate
At Insurance Hub, our hand-picked team of talented agents and knowledgeable advisors are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs and to answer any questions you might have. At Insurance Hub, we are dedicated and committed to always putting our clients first. Whether you’re looking for short-term disability insurance plans or any other type of insurance, Insurance Hub has just what you’re looking for. For more information regarding short-term disability plans and other insurance coverage, visit Insurance Hub’s website today at www.insurancehubusa.com.